CUSTOMS AND TAXES INCLUDED ON ORDERS BELOW 1000 AUD
Despite our best efforts, all ASKET garments will eventually reach a point where you no longer want, need or use them anymore. They might be completely worn out, or perhaps you’ve just fallen out of love with them. What’s important is that they don’t go to waste, literally. All garments, no matter their condition, have an inherent value. That’s why we’ve created The Revival Program. Send us your old garments so we can bring them back to life.
Sign in to our portal and register any of your old ASKET garments for revival
Pack up your garments and send them back to our office in Stockholm using the carrier of your choice.
Receive your revival reward of up to 40 AUD per garment via e-mail once your parcel has been received
Your garments are given a new life through resale, remanufacture or recycling
In May 2021, we launched The Revival Program and started the take-back of loved, worn and torn garments. We’re excited to see more and more of our customers participating in the take-back every month and thrilled to have introduced our Resale events, where we make the cleaned and mended pre-owned garments available for sale. But this is just the beginning.
This picture describes the amount of garments collected since starting the program. Over the course of the years 2021 and 2022, we managed to receive back 2460 garments from our customers. Roughly 70% of those collected were in such condition as to only require cleaning or minor mending. The remaining 30% are bound for evaluation, after which they will either be remade or recycled. Keep them coming!
We’re thrilled to be up and running with our Revival Factory on the Swedish west coast. All ‘good condition’ and ‘lightly damaged’ clothing is cleaned and mended for resale in the Revival Factory, whereas clothes with more ‘significant faults’ are set aside for either re-make or recycling.
In June 2022, we held our first Resale event in Södermalm, Stockholm, and were thrilled with the positive response. We sold 50% of our stock within 3 days. This event was followed by a resale event on Black Friday weekend the same year. During this 3-day period, The Store exclusively sold revived garments and customers had the possibility to come in and repair their garments.
The Resale events were just the start. Their success propelled us to further advance the program. This is why we opened a permanent resale location in Södermalm, Stockholm, in May 2023. It is to symbolize both a physical manifestation and extension of our efforts to minimize waste and reduce impact. Given our pillars, this step couldn’t make more sense.
Here’s how the Revival Program works. We’re constantly developing and sourcing new partners to expand the program, making the take-back of your clothing more convenient and the various revival options as resource-efficient as possible. Right now, we’re focused on the revival of garments in good and lightly damaged condition, which makes up 70% of what is sent back. The next steps are the build-out of remanufacturing and recycling flows of garments that cannot be mended and sold again. We already have mills producing 100% post-consumer recycled yarns and are excited about the prospect of offering fully closed-loop garments in a not all too distant future.
If you have old ASKET items lying around we’ll gladly take them off your hands. You can return any garment, in any condition, all we ask is that you wash it first. Send them back or drop them off in our stores. For each item you’ll receive a revival reward which you can use to invest in new garments - see revival reward values below.
No matter what you return we’ll make sure that it’s put to the best possible use. Some will be washed, repaired and resold. Others will be remanufactured or recycled into new garments. What we can’t salvage and keep in our own loop will be downcycled. Most importantly, nothing goes to landfill. We’ll keep you posted on how your old garments come to use.
Keeping clothes in use an extra nine months could reduce their footprint by up to 30%. Still, only 1/4 of all garments produced are collected for resale or recycling while the rest are destined for landfill or incineration. Less than 1% is recycled into new garments. We think we can do better. Help us bridge that gap and move towards a more circular fashion industry by sending your garments home.
T-Shirts & Accessories
Shirts & Sweatshirts